Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Any trans techs in San Antonio area?

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2009, 2:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any trans techs in San Antonio area?

Any transmission techs in the San Antonio Area? I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 that needs trans work. Took it to Cottman transmissions for a free external check and of course its nothing external and they wanted $500 to drop it and look inside and THEN tell me whats wrong with it and what I need to do!!! Hell to the no, was I about to do that! I could buy a rebuilt trans for that much! I am looking for someone in San Antonio to look at my transmission and with a fair good price I will pay you. I hope its just a solenoid or something, but they couldn't tell me that because they said they needed to drop it to find that out.

Heres whats wrong that I can notice...

Won't shift into 2nd gear anymore until you let off the gas and wait for RPMs to drop, then its shifts. Has a little bit of a problem I think shifting into 3rd as well with the same type of thing but not as bad. But after that it runs great.

If anyone can help that would be great! Or if anyone knows a reliable, HONEST transmission shop here let me know!

Thanks!