Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

trans techs please (lookie) HELP...

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2008, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans techs please (lookie) HELP...

Thank you for you time in reading my post..

anyway I have rebuilt transmissions before but this is my first 97 4L60E. The trans lost rev..

while tearing it down i found the reaction drum broke.. so I procedded on with the build and when i got to the pump,I seperated it and found a check ball and capsule laying between the pump and the stater in side a cavity. The capsule was damaged, but i tried to re-seat the ball. It leaks a little now// The little ball and capsule is located next to the boost valve assembly.. in the ATSG manual its number 237 of the exploded pump..

In the transstar exploded view it doesnt show this ball and capsule?
http://www.transtar1.com/catView.asp?ID=18&mai...

here is a link with the photos of the pump and *****..http://www.blazerforum.com/m_185963/mpage_1/key_ /tm.htm#186018

what would happen if i didnt replace this ball assembly and it leaked a little? will the TCC lock up harsh?

I am also using a trans go correction kit in the orange box and a vette servo..

also one last when i installed the overruning cluch (near the rev piston) it turns in the right direction but not the other.. should it make a little noise when rotating with the reaction drum/sun gears installed? i have takin it apart several times.. and everything seems right.. I was told this noise is normal.

thanks again for looking at my question..

Don