Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

avalanche transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2023, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avalanche transmission issues

Hey there all, I have a 2003 Chevy avalanche 1500 that will not drive. To give a run down, previous owner did a transmission swap from a running unit and still did not drive after that point. After doing some looking into the problem they figured that the torque converter had failed. I have since changed out the torque converter and put in a new filter kit. However, the truck still does not drive. When you put the shifter into reverse or drive you can hear the engine rev down slightly as though it were trying to engage the selected gear but the output shaft a the transfer case doesnt spin. I have left the drive shafts off for the time being while I diagnose this problem but am unsure where to go with it next. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old March 8th, 2023, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

You and me both.. 04 Avalanche with 165k miles. Don't have any history.. got it cheap 2 weeks ago. I had test driven it about 2 miles and seemed fine when i got it. Have mine at a local reputable trans shop waiting for the call.
Old March 8th, 2023, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default avalanche

You and me both.. 04 Avalanche with 165k miles. Don't have any history.. got it cheap 2 weeks ago. I had test driven it about 2 miles and seemed fine when i got it. Have mine at a local reputable trans shop waiting for the call.
Old March 8th, 2023, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jk04
I would love to know what they find with yours. From what I can find is maybe the servo is acting up on mine. everything else that could fail usually has some sort of noise associated with the failure. mine sounds perfectly fine other than not transfering power through.