Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

battery drain

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2008, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery drain

1998 chevrolet silverado 5 liter. 155000kms. Woke up this morning started my truck and went to work. When I went to restart it about 4 hours later it was dead. Just repalced the battery on it not 2 months ago. Brought the battery back and got another one. Put it in and about 2 hours after replacing it I went to start my truck again and no luck. This battery was dead. My volt meter in the truck reads 14 volts when the truck is running. What could drain a battery that quickly. Doesn't appear to be anything on. Please help.
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: battery drain

I assume that your battery checks out fine? What about a faulty ground connection or bad voltage regulator?

My NBS 07 did something similar last weekend. Drove fine all day Saturday, but totally dead on Sunday - no power at all. Wouldn't even jump start. Had to have it towed to the dealership who had no luck jumping it either. They finally got it to start after hooking it up to a trickle charger, buy couldn't find anything wrong. Alternater and battery check OK, with no codes thrown or drains on the system. They couldn't find anything on a TSB or call to GM with known issues either. I get between 13.5-14.5 on the volt gauge.

They replaced mybattery and I have my fingers crossed! So far so good, but I tend to think there is another issue.