Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2005 Suburban Battery Drain

Old September 29th, 2009, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Suburban Battery Drain

I have a 05 Chevy Suburban that has a overnight battery drain problem. I replaced the battery and the alternator is charging fine. Recently I disconnected the rear hatch actuator because it is weak and wouldn't unlock the hatch. I taped up the lose connector. By having this disconnected, could that be the source or problem with my battery draining over night?
Old June 26th, 2017, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default same problem d

Originally Posted by bigdaddyviking67 View Post
I have a 05 Chevy Suburban that has a overnight battery drain problem. I replaced the battery and the alternator is charging fine. Recently I disconnected the rear hatch actuator because it is weak and wouldn't unlock the hatch. I taped up the lose connector. By having this disconnected, could that be the source or problem with my battery draining over night?
Did you
ever find the problem? I am thinking ignition switch
Old June 26th, 2017, 2:07 PM
CF Addict

Unlikely that a weak actuator would cause a battery drain as it only draws power when the button is pushed!
Old May 13th, 2019, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

2007 Suburban 1500 - Low beams aren't working, high beams do. Sometimes the radio won't turn on, sporadically the battery is dead. Will start right with jump pack attached.
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

I had a problem with my 2001 Suburban battery draining. Found out it was the radio amplifier that wasn't shutting off. In my case it was in the under hood fuse panel. I ended up putting in a small relay in the available space in the fuse box and wired it to switched power from another switched fuse in the same fuse panel. The relay would open the radio/amp circuit when the engine was shut off. Removing the radio/amp fuse might be a good way to check this theory. It could be something else but in my case it was the radio amplifier.

Art