Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Blend Door Actuator 2010 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2014, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend Door Actuator 2010 Silverado

I just noticed today that the climate control on my 2010 Silverado LT is not working. This morning was cool and I needed to defrost my windshield. I cranked up the truck and turned the fan to defrost and the temperature to hot. After 5 minutes or so, I walked outside and noticed the air was still as cold as when I cranked it up even though the motor temp showed to be 200 degrees. I changed the fan to dash and noticed the air was still cold. With some research it appears as though the blend door actuator may have failed. My questions are: 1) how many blend door actuators are there (my model does not have climate controls for the left and right sides), and 2) where are they? I'm having trouble locating the exact diagram for my truck.

TR
Old May 4th, 2014, 8:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on your discretion indicating NO hot air blowing regardless of vent position,I would doubt your problem is the blend door.

You would feel at least a little residual heat somewhere due to leakage.I would suggest a complete heater core and radiator flush along with antifreeze change by someone who KNOWS how to do it correctly.

Then take it from there.
Old May 4th, 2014, 9:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

if the temp blend door is stuck in the cold position you won't feel hot air in any mode door position. if don't have a scan tool to view the temp door position counters or check for hvac dtc; find the actuator and visually confirm its rotating. If this problem came on all at once, it probably the temp blend actuator imo.
4 year old cooling systems are usually pretty clean unless someone added stop leak garbage.

there are 3 door actuators, one for the mode door (driver side by the foot well), re-circ door (beside the pass airbag module to the right) and temp door. the temp door actuator is located on top of the hvac box left of the pass air bag.