Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Brakes quit working in an instant weird circumstances????

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2009, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes quit working in an instant weird circumstances????

I was turning around on a street in a new subdivision when I dropped my front passenger tire off the road into a small ditch. It wouldn't back out on it's (wet and muddy). I put it in 4x4 and pulled right out no problem. I put it back in regular drive and took off home. At that instant I realized my brakes were not working well at all. Than I noticed my brake waring light was on. I get home and check the fluid, the front (smaller res.) is empty. I also checked as good I could the lines they seem to be fine without any breaks.

I'm boggled could there be something with the transfer case for some reason. I put it through it's paces at home when I put it in 4-low than back to regular it was grinding, i did have it in neutral at the time.
Old October 26th, 2009, 6:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check around the lines at suspension, steering components, and whatever else to see if the line broke and was spurting fluid. also check line junctions to see if one cracked enough to drain the fluid.