Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

A/C control head reset

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2006, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C control head reset

Hi guys,
I have a '91 C1500 (GMC Sierra) with a flashing "A/C" indicator on the control head. The A/C was cooling fine, then all of a sudden it quit and the indicator started flashing. The owner's manual says it's a low refrigerant warning, but it doesn't say how to reset it. I used to work on these things, but I've been out of the shop for several years now, and don't remember how to reset it. Please help! Good luck and God Bless,
Tommy
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:16 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: A/C control head reset

would it work if you unhooked the batery. if you dont recharge the system the light may come back on though? something to try
Old June 3rd, 2006, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: A/C control head reset

I tried pulling fuses, but then I found out that the battery power to the control head doesn't have a fuse in the fuse block. It turns out that disconnecting battery power to the head did the trick. I could have pulled the control head, or disconnected the battery to do the job. I found a 3 wire connector up beside the blower motor and disconnected it, that way I didn't have to remove the dash trim or lose my radio settings by disconnecting the battery. As far as charging the system, it still cools fine. I guess it was a hiccup of some kind. Good Luck and God Bless,
Tommy