Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

A/C not working

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2021, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C not working

I've got two problems, first is the blend doors have stopped working, when I remove the a/c fuse, replace the fuse, start the truck, nothing happens, does not try to re-align the blend door? Also the selector ****, when I turn from one out put the next is so easy, no clicking from one to the next. I may be crazy, as it may have been that way all along. The a/c is leaking around the pully, so I saved some money and have that on order (new compressor, condenser kit w/ o-rings). I've got the four blend doors here (ordered on line) but don't want to replace if I don't have too. (I'm disabled but do get around, doing this will cause me much pain).

I looked in my Haynes manual and found nothing on the blend door or how to test. NEED HELP.

What do I need to do next?

Thanks from the bottom of my heart! God Bless
Old October 17th, 2021, 4:27 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

Hi wbbb1,
Don't know what year, model vehicle you have, but we don't like to knock the manual you are using and you would be better off getting something more reliable for the info you need.
You are aware you need to pull a vacuum , add the required amount and type refrigerant oil and all that stuff , right?
Old October 17th, 2021, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Sorry, 2004 Silverado Ext-Cab 5.3 V8

Yes, I know about vacuum and oil and buying a new dryer. Thanks
Old October 18th, 2021, 7:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

I’m not quite following the problems you’re experiencing, but here’s some general information.

1) If you’re not aware, there’s 3 fuses that power the HVAC control module.

The battery positive feed is in the under hood fuse block, 10A, labeled HVAC/ECAS.

The other 2 are in the fuse panel on the left end of the dash, hot only with the key on.

HVAC 1, 10A
HTR AC, 30A

Some of these trucks, whatever the reason, will not initiate calibration by pulling the fuse. In these instances, disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10-20 minutes will usually work. The calibration should initiate and complete within the first minute after the engine is started.

Note that NONE of the controls (***** or buttons) should be touched or adjusted during the calibration.

2) After the calibration, turn each control **** individually through the full range of adjustment (ex. full cold to full hot and back to full cold) to listen for and identify clicking actuators. The recirculation door actuator may require pressing the recirc button if the mode control **** doesn’t have a max AC setting.

If any are clicking they most likely need replacement but you should also check that the door the actuator operates is moving freely through its full range of motion.

I posted some more in depth info about the actuators a while back -

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/gen...urious-102672/

The only way to test them individually is with a capable scan tool or to provide direct battery power and ground to the appropriate terminals on the actuator.

Originally Posted by wbbb1
I've got two problems, first is the blend doors have stopped working, when I remove the a/c fuse, replace the fuse, start the truck, nothing happens, does not try to re-align the blend door? Also the selector ****, when I turn from one out put the next is so easy, no clicking from one to the next. I may be crazy, as it may have been that way all along. The a/c is leaking around the pully, so I saved some money and have that on order (new compressor, condenser kit w/ o-rings). I've got the four blend doors here (ordered on line) but don't want to replace if I don't have too. (I'm disabled but do get around, doing this will cause me much pain).

I looked in my Haynes manual and found nothing on the blend door or how to test. NEED HELP.

What do I need to do next?

Thanks from the bottom of my heart! God Bless