Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Chevy pulls the plug on a cool Silverado project

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2007, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy pulls the plug on a cool Silverado project

I am a born and breed Silverado Gal, but sometimes I just don't understand what Chevy/GM is doing. It's sad watching this great American company make so many mistakes as they continue to lose there grip on the US market.
I have been following this really cool trip around the Americas by this journalist couple (www.trans-americas.com) and I thought it was soooo great that Chevy sponsored it and they were going to drive a Silverado throughout North, Central and South America. I was very disappointed to learn that Chevy has pulled out of there commitment to sponsor this trip midway through. It's things like this that get me so frustrated about Chevy/GM - this was an awesome grassroots way of marketing the Silverado for what I would think would have great bang foir the buck, and now that the've already committed to the biggest expense - the truck - they want it back mid-way. I think this is a perfect example of GM/Chevy's lack of foresight and commitment that is hurting the company so much. Hopefully they will get it together one of these days.
Go check out what these folks at Trans-Americas Journey are doing. Hopefully they will find a way to finish their project with or without a Silverado.

SilveradoGal