Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Chevy Wheel Question...

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Wheel Question...

Okay so I know, I know, my truck is a GMC Sierra, not a Silverado, but don't bash me too hard, not a big difference.
So yeah, new to these forums, glad to be here though.
My question is, I have a set of the 20" Chrome Bullit Style Chevrolet Silverado wheels, and I've only seen like 2 other vehicles with the same wheels, and they were newer Silverados. This is what they look like, http://www.finishlinewheels.com/CHEV...09/A-05330U85/.
I would like to know what they would run for price wise. I have seen alot of the new sets on the '09 and '10 Trucks run for $1000+.
Now, mine aren't in superb condition, they have small amounts of pitting, because the guy who I bought them from took no pride in them. I polish them all the time, so they look great, and, unless you get close to the rims, you can't see the pitting in them..
Here's a picture of my baby!
Name:  P122809003.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  23.5 KB
Old July 26th, 2010, 1:24 AM
CF Active Member

The real question is... why are you selling them? They look fantastic on your truck.
Old July 26th, 2010, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Blindsight
The real question is... why are you selling them? They look fantastic on your truck.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
I'm not really sure, I probably won't sell them, but if I can find something I like better, I think I would sell them or trade them off. I'd just like to get a price range on them.
I appreciate the compliment though, since I'm only 18, I usually get alot of compliments from people, and I also get dirty looks from some. :P
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
CF Active Member

if there are in ok shape and the tires have good rubber and lot of life left I would say a 1,000 is ok. even better if they have the TPMS in them.
Old July 27th, 2010, 7:05 AM
CF Active Member

I had a set with some pitting & tried to sell them but no takers, so I had them sandblasted & powdercoated black. I also have a new set that are in great shape that I switch every few months. Some people like one & others don't! Any votes?????
Attached Thumbnails Chevy Wheel Question...-powdercoated.jpg   Chevy Wheel Question...-used-inst-013.jpg  
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:15 AM
CF Active Member

They look great in that black powdercoat. About how much did they charge you to sandblast and bake them up like that?

I'm thinking of getting my bumpers, nerf bars, and rims done.
Old July 27th, 2010, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

The black looks great!
Only problem with my truck, it's not "black" its "Charcoal Grey", which is significantly lighter than Black. I'm probably gonna end up blacking the from Bumper piece thats chrome, replace the back bumper with a roll pan, and black the chrome piece around the grille. Also planning on dropping in some smoked Halo LED Headlights, Smoked taillights, and Smoked bumper lights.
Can I get it powdercoated and get it painted "Charcoal Grey" instead of black?
Old July 27th, 2010, 3:05 PM
CF Active Member

Your rims? You can have your rims powder coated just about any color you want.

I've seen bright burnt orange rims, for instance, and they were done right; done right, meaning, powder coated.

So you're wanting your truck to be a charcoal and black theme? Nice idea. I'm trying to eliminate the chrome on my truck as well, unless it's black chrome. It's going to be years before I'm finished, because money is scarce while I'm in college, but it will look great when it's done. The only major 'chrome-colored' pieces on it now are the bumpers and the rims, and a little bit of trim.

GOOD LUCK! Ebay is your friend.
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:05 PM
CF Active Member

Default Price

I Think it cost about $200.00 Total but I had a company next to ours do it so I got a discount ! Check around you can get it done just as cheep. Also for your gray truck you might look at black chrome the one I saw look gray to me (Like the old Chevy ralley wheels).