Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

clicking in front end at creeping speed while braking?

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clicking in front end at creeping speed while braking?

i have a 2007 silverado(new body style) and i cannot seem to pinpoint this clicking noise coming from the front end while i press brake pedal its a quick series of clicking noise and mostly i notice it like going through a drive through while stopping and getting on and off brakes while easing up. anyone else have this problem or have nay suggestions? could it be something with the ABS although a light is not on?
Old August 13th, 2012, 7:13 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your front wheel bearings and the CV joints. Look for any play in the wheel bearing any boots on the CV joints that are damaged. Replace the parts if it's need.
Old August 14th, 2012, 3:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 silvytrk
i have a 2007 silverado(new body style) and i cannot seem to pinpoint this clicking noise coming from the front end while i press brake pedal its a quick series of clicking noise and mostly i notice it like going through a drive through while stopping and getting on and off brakes while easing up. anyone else have this problem or have nay suggestions? could it be something with the ABS although a light is not on?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to offer additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service