Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Clicking... Possibly the fuel?

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2011, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking... Possibly the fuel?

Hi I have been having issues with my old truck hoping for some experienced advice on a recent noise.

I just noticed a clicking noise. it seems more prevalent underneath the truck and it clicks in all gears, all speeds, and idle. It seems most noticeable at low RPMs.

I had just replaced the transmission, but ruled out anything there because it does still click in neutral and park. torque converter?

Also, i just filled the truck with a fresh batch of fuel earlier today and then the noise started recently after... i usually just put 87 in the tank but today i put 89 octane in. is it possible that the higher octane fuel could cause the clicking? or a bad batch of fuel?

look forward to your response. im going to grab up a stethoscope and see if i can pinpoint or at least get a more general understanding what is making the noise in the meantime. Appreciate your posts/advice. thanks

-Tim