Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Cloth seats magnet for lint

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2011, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cloth seats magnet for lint

2011 Silverado LT 4X4 has ebony cloth seats. The material is like a magnet for lint. Anyone know of anything to spray on them so lint doesn't stick?
Old March 29th, 2011, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default lint

if it is under warranty contact your dealer. i am a gm tech and previous model years there was a bullitin to replace all of the upholstry to fix it.
Old March 29th, 2011, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

is there a bulliten number on that?
Old March 29th, 2011, 8:27 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Lint roller....

I know that when the NBS of GMT900 came out there was some noise about the seats and their lint grabbing abilities, however I have not heard of any recall or upholstery replacement... I'd give it a couple of weeks and see if some of the cling dissipates...I'd bet the dealer would be able to fix you up with some stain guard / staticide spray.
Old March 30th, 2011, 6:23 AM
CF Beginner

YES, the cloth seats are garbage! I am on 4 different GM truck forums and one of the forums has a long thread concerning the cloth seat material. There was in fact, a bulletin on them and some guys have had them redone by GM, but as I remember, they were not completely satisfied. I have a Victory Red 2010 rcsb with the ebony cloth. It was an embarrassing mess. MY FIX: I ordered the Wet Okole Seat Covers from California. They are neoprene, skin diver's material, never cold in the winter and never hot in the summer. Mine are red and black which looks super sporty and best of all, they literally fit like a glove! Last week a big car guy here ask me who upholstered my seats. He could not believe it when I told him they were seat covers. Check them out, I think you will be impressed. I am definitely happy with mine. they are perfect! Good luck with yours!
Old March 30th, 2011, 7:27 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I also have seat covers, I have the GM ones, I have the light titanium cloth, I would have preferred leather but at the time of my purchase I had limited stock to choose from. I have been very happy with the seat covers as they are easy to clean up with kids...
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

I will see how they do, but the trucks at car show and dealers lot have lint will 1 mile on them. First recourse will be warranty-factory. Question on seat covers though, will they prevent the side air bags from working? They are in the side of the seats.
Old March 31st, 2011, 5:48 AM
CF Beginner

The Wet Okoles have break away panels on the bolsters. You order them custom to your truck. There is no downside to these seat covers, except they are a little pricey ($300 shipped).
Old April 1st, 2011, 9:51 AM
CF Active Member

It is possible to go to a custom upholstry shop and have just the centers replaced with a different material and or design. It ain't cheap but better than doing the whole seat. Since you will be doing the centers on all your seats or the front seats you can choose a body cloth that costs less than going with a 'stock' material which is just more money for a fabric that matches other car seats.
Old July 27th, 2011, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Clazzio Leather seat Covers

Chevy and GMC Truck and SUV owners
Please check out our website 11i-usa.com.For anyone interested in Leather seat covers that go over existing cloth seats.They look OEM and people will think they are factory.I have them and love them.I also sell and give information on our product.these are not no auto zone seat covers.Also can be seen on youtube.com.Any question please call or text
Thank you
Alex
(513)255-5158