Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 tahoe excessive lint ebony cloth

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2008, 1:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 tahoe excessive lint ebony cloth

TSB for ebony cloth material [/align][hr]

Maybe this was already posted but a search didn't find it.

For those of you with black cloth seats in '07 and up vehicles, there is a TSB out now from GM to help deal with the lint accumulation issue. If you have one of these vehicles you know what I'm referring to - - the fact that the seats act like a lint brush and attract and hold every piece of lint, fuzz, and hair that comes near them. Keeping them clean (and that crap from transferring to your clothes) is a hassle at best.[/align][/align]If you are having this problem call GM cust service so they can find a solution to the problem[/align][/align]
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:10 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 tahoe excessive lint ebony cloth

What does the TSB say to do about the lint?

I just keep a lint brush in the gin bin and give the seats a swipe a couple times a month if need be, no big deal.
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

mine is a big deal, a lint roller for me is not the answer. about the recall, it was stated to recover the seats, however that was stopped since only the center part of the fabric was changed, the lint would still build up on the sides. I called GM and they are working with the dealer to find a solution that works.

here is some more info

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=2160
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
CF Addict

The lint problem hasn’t really been much of an issue for me to be honest since I stopped wearing flannel.
Old February 1st, 2008, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Called Dealer About this A few weeks andasked them about the TSB. They said the haven't heard about it. The Dude said bring it in so they can do what they had to do. I toldhim I wasn't sure if is was a validTSB, if he could check. So he said "It looks like you done your research already bring it in". I told the guy "Does it sound likeI work for CHEVY, if knew what I was talking about I wouldn't be calling you".SoI made him check, hesaid it's TSB but nothing is being doneto fix that problem right now, that GM would contact you as soon as they solution.If I would have listened to him it would have been a waste of time!!
Old February 1st, 2008, 4:53 PM
CF Addict

I feel like you stopped in the middle of the story?

The current TSB #07-08-50-018A regarding this lint issue states:
"The source of the lint accumulation is not the seat fabric material. The seat material, though, exhibits a tendency to accumulate and retain lint from sources that come into contact with the fabric.
Please do not replace the seat covers at this time."

I know that this isn't going to be what you want to hear but I'm going to tell you anyway; this may likely be a small problem that you'll have to live with.
For a short time GM had told the dealers (via a bulletin) to replace the seat-covers if a customer complained, but this decision was quickly reversed due to abuse.

If GM release a fix they will not notify you, you will need to stay abreast the situation on your own, that's why we have this forum, if I see a fix I'll post it here.

Old February 1st, 2008, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

I feel like you stopped in the middle of the story?

Sorry If I made it sound like a cliff hanger, but I guess the moral of the story was if would have listened to the Dude when he said "just Bring it in", it would have been a waste of time. Goes to show how quick the are to say- just bring it, without even knowing if they can do something about it. I Don't know about you guys but wouldn't want to go to the dealer For an Hr. or maybe two just so they can say Sorry you should have called.

Thanks for the info. So you mean to tell methat some poeple had their cloth inserts replaced with another material?

sorry bout the misspells iPhone keyboard is too small for myFAT fingers. *wishing they had a fat smiley*
Old February 3rd, 2008, 1:31 AM
CF Beginner

by calling gm it lets them know more and more people do not and will not live with this, they will also keep you updated and keep in contact with the dealer so they will know what to do if they ever figure it out
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
CF Junior Member

or....you can cop those nice seat covers thatll help rite away. cheaper than buyin a whole leather set of seats.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 9:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What covers are you gonna "cop"? I like the look of the two tone for the titanium interiors but I have Ebony.

Quick Reply: 07 tahoe excessive lint ebony cloth