Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Dash board touch up paint?

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2008, 12:27 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash board touch up paint?

Does anybody know where I can get some touch up paint for my dash board. I have a very small area about the size of your pinky nail peeling off close to the grab handle on the right side. I have a 03' Silverado with charcoal interior and so far it's perfect except for this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Dash board touch up paint?

i would say your best bet for the correct color is to just call the dealership, they will have that or be able to direct you where to get it.
Old March 6th, 2008, 12:46 AM
rms
CF Junior Member

Definately get teh paint from the dealer as other brand reducers may react bad. Best to wait for clear warmer weather and paint it in the shade, make sure the paint is mixed well, use several light coats or it will wrinkle.
Old March 6th, 2008, 6:07 AM
CF Senior Member

I think this has been talked about before here. If I remember correctly, someone said you can get the factory match paint at autozone.
Old March 11th, 2008, 9:48 PM
CF Active Member

Hey guys thanks for the advice, sorry to get back to y'all so late. I'll check out the Dealer and see what they have.
Old March 13th, 2008, 12:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same color interior and got some from a auto paint store in a spray can for my guage pod I installed and it was a perfect match. The brand is SEM, classic coat graphite #17113. I dont know if they make a touch up with a brush but you could spray a little in a cup and touch up with a brush if you wanted to do it that way but I would pop off the handle and spray it.
Old March 13th, 2008, 8:58 PM
CF Active Member

I talked to my Dealer’s Service Manager on Wednesday and its true GM doesn’t make touch paint for dash boards. He told me to bring it in on Friday morning and he would get the body shop to mix up a small amount and they will touch it up for me. I’m also having them install a GM chrome grill while they have it in the shop. I will post pictures of Rocky’s new grill as soon as I can.