Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

dash light

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2008, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash light

i have a '95 silverado ex cab and the left side of the dashboard light has gone out. i was wondering if anyone knows how i could replace it.

-thanks
Old January 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dash light

The cluster easy to get out (ten minutes or less), once you get it out you can check the lights to see if they are burned out or just a bad connection.
to get the cluster out;
1. pull the front bezzel off, you willneed to disconect Head light, dome light, and fog light switches once the bezzel is loose (itshould just pull apart from the dash, no screws to undo).
2. unscrew the four scwrews holding the cluster on (you will need a small socket driver)
3. then pull the cluster out, and check the light bulbs

If it is the bulbs then you should be able to get replacements at anauto zone, kellys, or your local auto parts store.
To put back together just reverse the order in which you took it out.

P.S. If you have and auto trans. you my need to move the shifter all way way into 1st gear to make more room to get the bezzel off.