Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

In desperate need of help

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2007 | 12:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: In desperate need of help

ORIGINAL: bwaddell

2005 Chevy Silverado1500. warranty wont cover fuel sending unit. Im a Hairdresser not a mechanic
Hair dresser mechanic same thing. Hell do some bartering with your customers. may not be a mechanic but with a guide, some basic tools and a 12 pack and barbeque, most anyone can be pursuded.
Old October 19th, 2007 | 5:14 PM
CF Active Member

2005 Chevy Silverado1500. warranty wont cover fuel sending unit. Im a Hairdresser not a mechanic
are u still with in the 3yr/ 36k warranty?

or extened bumper to bumper??

they are pullin your leg about the coverage.
Old October 20th, 2007 | 12:08 AM
CF Beginner

2yr or 24,ooo miles which ever comes first . Warranty aint worth the piece of paper it was written on. But my fuel pump is covered. so why do you think the just wont fix it if its all on piece.

[/align]
Old October 20th, 2007 | 10:46 AM
CF Active Member

2yr or 24,ooo miles which ever comes first . Warranty aint worth the piece of paper it was written on. But my fuel pump is covered. so why do you think the just wont fix it if its all on piece.

[/align]
go in thee, roll up your sleeve and get rough!

make a scene. offer to call the tv stations and have them come down with you as the dealer refuses service under warranty. its FREE money for the dealer. they should repair it hands down.
Old November 15th, 2007 | 12:26 AM
CF Beginner

[/align]can anybody give me good advice on the puchasing of a tonneau cover for a 2000 chevy silverado
Old November 16th, 2007 | 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Hey I just installed my Truxedo Lo Pro QT cover and LOVE IT! Very low appearance and looks really nice. EASY to install and adjust. Rolls up when I need it out of the way. Take a look at it on truxedo's website.
Old November 23rd, 2007 | 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

I am 19 years old and teaching myself as i go. i had to change the fuel pump myself with 28 gallons of fuel in the tank so it is a lot easier than people think. for easiest result use two car jacks one on each side of the tank with a board on each lift to stabilize the tank. jack the tank up maybe one or two pumps and start to loosen the bracket bolts. once the bolts are removed you maybe need another hand for a minute but slowly lower each jack at the same time. there is a flange on the top of the tank that you have to turn counter clockwise if i remember correctly and the fuel pump assembly with be able to pull out the tank. be carefull of your health because i almost passed out do to lack of ventilation.but check the strainer on the bottom of the assembly looking for discoloration or unwanted items. before you do this obviously check the pcv valve and fuel filter first. you only need basic tools to do this and take your time. i hope this helps good luck.