Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:21 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

disable ambient light sensor on nbs truck

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2011, 9:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric here's a link to a thread that talks about this, and after this mod a lot of guys have the same problem with the dash lights too, but I have an '07 silverado LT1 and I have no problems with the dash lights, they dim just like before!!! and the best part? my navigation screen is as bright as it can be, no matter day or night!!!!!!!!!! hoooray!!!!!
HOW TO: Disable Auto Headlights on NNBS trucks! - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com
I read all the info in there and is really useful, but I believe the '08 trucks must be slightly different than the '07

Last edited by QUETRANPA; April 10th, 2011 at 9:35 PM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I have to pull the fuses to disable the drls. Will try thursday with the 1k resisters. Thanks
Old April 13th, 2011, 8:17 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Quetranpa, Well in regards to the disabling the DRLs, I can't believe I was so STUPID. I know I looked at the owners manual for the fuses because I always do. I know I pulled the fuses, I just didn't pull them both at the same time. GOD I fell like a jack A**. But now they are off, Thanks.

Double checked and I am still having the same problem with the dash lights.

I read the forum for the disabling the auto headlights and others seem to have the same problem I do with the dash lights. I tried to join that forum but I repeatedly failed the add questions. It said to contact the administrator but didn't give me a link. I will keep reviewing the posts to see if someone resolves that issue before doing the mod. If my dash lights were full bright at night, it would drive me nuttier (than I already am) than the dash lights dimming during the day.

Thanks as always, Eric

PS, since I can't do it, if you get a chance could you ask FERNO EMS from page 10 if he came up with a solution to the above mentioned problem? Thanks
Old April 13th, 2011, 9:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no problem I'm glad I can help!!
I will try to ask and see if someone came up with a solution, but being an old tread it may be hard to get an answer but who knows.