Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Does anyone have a 2009 Regular Cab?

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2009, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a 2009 Regular Cab?

I am about ready to buy a new 2009 Regular Cab 4x4 with MSRP of $28,790 for $20,500. The price seems right, but my concern is that the seats don't fold down far enough for easy access to anything that can be stored behind the seats. In addition, the storage behind the seats is almost non-existant. Has anyone found the limited access and limited storage space behind the seats to be a problem?

By the way, I am comparing this vehicle with my 1991 Chevy K1500 4x4 and found the 1991 to be a more spacious vehicle.

The answer to all of this is probably to look at an extended cab, or keep the 1991.

Rob
Old September 30th, 2009, 4:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gunner,when looking for a new truck i found the same thing,i was thinking about an ext. cab anyway.but after i saw the lack of room in the reg. cab my mind was made up on the ext.cab.However it seems there is a bit of a problem with ext./crew cabs.the water seals used in the rear windows leak a considerable amout of water into the door! if considering one of these trucks quiz the salesperson.if you apply water to rear windows of crew/ext. cab watch the bottom of the door water will pour out of the drains holes(drain holes are located in the front corner and rear corner of the door)i am currently going between gm and the dealer to correct this problem.the water seals have been changed once to no avale.gm says water shouldnt be entering the door but the design of the seal does not keep water out,gm says drippage is normal but water allowed in by the seal is excessive.back to the dealer today
Old September 30th, 2009, 7:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the NBS 07. I used to have a 89 single cab, and it was way more spacious, but the seats in the 07 is worth the lack of room for me. The lack of room isn't really a prob for me. I have a tool box in the bed for my tools, tow straps and so on. You aint gonna put subwoofers behind the seat, I can guarantee that. But theres enough room for everyday stuff.