Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Doors unlock themselves

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2014, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors unlock themselves

I need help with this issue please. My 2008 Chevy Silverado unlocks the doors by itself. I can lock my doors at any time, come back say in several hours, and they are all unlocked. This issue is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas? I asked my GM Service Advisor and even he is stumped.
Old June 21st, 2014, 6:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi medic115,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles that you are experiencing with your door locks. Have you contacted your dealership regarding this concern? I understand that you have been in contact with one of our service advisers. Do you have a case number within our system? Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name and we will look further into your concern. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 22nd, 2014, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Possibly solved????

Well I think I may have just solved the problem. In the process of removing the passenger side door panel, the lock/unlock switch began to work properly. It previously would not unlock any doors. In inspecting the location where the door panel bolts were located, I discovered the wiring harness that goes to that door switch was being pinched between the door panel and the door at the lower door handle bolt location. After moving the harness and reattaching all the bolts, the switch is now working properly. I have locked all the door and will now wait till this evening to check if the truck is still locked. Keeping my fingers crossed.

(The wiring harness must have slipped down when I replaced the door speaker a year ago. This problem happened right after this. Others who have the same problem should check the wiring harness in the doors.)
Old June 22nd, 2014, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default My GM Service Advisor.

On another note, my GM Service Advisor (Mark Cordes) at Covert Buick/GMC in Austin, Texas is an amazing Service Advisor. I recommended him and the dealership to anyone. There is not much I can confuse him with. Two thumbs up!!!!
Old June 23rd, 2014, 9:01 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by medic115
On another note, my GM Service Advisor (Mark Cordes) at Covert Buick/GMC in Austin, Texas is an amazing Service Advisor. I recommended him and the dealership to anyone. There is not much I can confuse him with. Two thumbs up!!!!
Awesome news, medic115! It's great to hear that Mark at Covert Buick GMC has been so helpful throughout this process. We'd be happy to file a formal dealership compliment and relay the message back to Mark. If interested, please private message us your VIN and contact information. Thanks for your feedback!

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care