Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Driver side switch won't lower passenger window

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2014, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side switch won't lower passenger window

On my 2001 Silverado 1500, the driver side window switch will not lower the passenger window. The driver side switch lowers the driver window, and will lock and unlock the doors, it will also raise the passenger window, if I lower the window from the passenger side.

(The passenger window will raise/lower from the passenger side switch).

I took apart the switch down to the contacts and cleaned them, and while it was apart made contact across the copper poles that should lower the window, it did nothing, doing the same across the part that should raise the window, raises it.

Not sure where my issue could be, the switch appears fine. Maybe if someone had a wiring diagram of that harness, I could attempt to jumper it and make contact to verify the connections into the switch are working correctly, then at that point either look at the circuit board on the switch closer, or buy a replacement switch.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

I have a similar problem, except I cannot control the passenger window at all from the driver side. Anyone have a suggestion
Old October 3rd, 2016, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

I found out my problem ended up being a short in the wiring coming from the driver door to the BCM under the steering wheel. Open your drivers door and while trying to roll up/down the passenger window mess with the wires in the door jamb, and do the same thing with the wires under the dash by the steering wheel, see if that makes it move.

If not you might want to try a new window switch.