Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Drivers Door Rattle 2011 silverado Extended cab

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2011, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Door Rattle 2011 silverado Extended cab

I have a pretty good rattle in my drivers door and my extended cab door. I have had it to the dealer twice with no result, the say they can't duplicate the rattle. It does it at various times so I guess it could be tuff. But the last visit there I spoke with the tech and he told me even IF they could varify the doors are moving that there are very little if any adjustment. I know Im getting very tired of hearing, and feeling the door rattle and wonder if Im being told the truth.
Old November 9th, 2011, 7:31 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Take it back again. This time have them remove the door panels for inspection.
Old November 10th, 2011, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Understood, But the rattle, movement is not in the panels or the door mechinism. The entire door moves jiggles.. front and back.. It acts like the older ones when we'd just adjust the tension in a bit. The tech told me chevy did not build in any adjustment. I work alot and they don't do weekends and it get very old going in at night getting a rental, then hearing the same thing. Very tired of this game.
Old November 10th, 2011, 8:00 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

You bought this new? I assume it is a warrenty issue? If both are true, I'd look into your states lemon law.
Old November 10th, 2011, 9:15 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I apologize for your frustrations. If I were you, I would check with another GM dealer in the local area. That way you will get some verification as to if you are being told the truth, or one dealership does not want to deal with the repairs, as I am sure your vehicle still is under warranty? Keep us updated. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old February 1st, 2012, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

I heard a similar rattle in my 2011 silverado extended cab rear driver side door. Eventually I noticed that the rear door was not closing fully, but if I really slammed it, it would fully close and the rattle went away. I showed the local dealer how it was hard to close and at first said nothing could be done, but I persisted and a mechanic said he'd try. His adjustments did help, but it's still not as easy to close as the passenger side. Next time I get the truck serviced I will tell them to fix it or I will start going to another dealer.

Interesting enough when I was complaining, another truck owner overheard me and told me he was having a similar problem, and he had no luck getting it fixed either. We both felt better that it wasn't our imagination, and it's a real problem. Good luck!
Old February 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I apologize for your frustrations. If I were you, I would check with another GM dealer in the local area. That way you will get some verification as to if you are being told the truth, or one dealership does not want to deal with the repairs, as I am sure your vehicle still is under warranty? Keep us updated. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Wow, that's good to know. Thanks!
Old February 29th, 2012, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 extended cab and heard the rattle in my driver door/rear door. Every bump I hit it made a loud rattle noise. It was very annoying. After reading some posts about closing the rear door harder I decided to test the theory. In fact it worked. The door doesn't close fully unless it's closed with some force. I found that if I close the door with force and push the upper portion of the door (near where the latch is) then it closes tight. You can try to wiggle the top portion of the rear door to see if in fact it's closed tight enough. If it wiggles then it's not closed all the way. I guess these truck likes it hard every once in a while. Who would have thought.