Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

erratic or surging at idle, please help!

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2008, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default erratic or surging at idle, please help!

I have an 03 2500 with the 6.0 engine. most times it will idle ok, but other times it will surge while idling. Sometimes it will stall when it is surging if i am moving slowly and take my foot off the gas pedal. I've heard the problem was with the MAS or ICV. If anyone knows what it is please let me know, i don't have money to start replacing everything on the throttle body and it seems to be getting worse and more frequent.Thanks in advance

Barry
Old April 15th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: erratic or surging at idle, please help!

Welcome to the forum!!! Someone here should be able to help, just hang in there.
Old April 16th, 2008, 6:46 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: erratic or surging at idle, please help!

I would say it is the Idle Air Control Valve too,to be sure you can check the resistance across the valve, take it out and see if it is bad dirty and needs to be cleaned. It could hopefully be something simple like that. Go to the auto parts store and find one of those books that has your year model truck in it and look up the sensors. It will tell you what the correct resistance in ohms should be of every sensor so you can compare it.