Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Exhaust questions 09 silverado 5.3

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2009, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions 09 silverado 5.3

I was looking at getting a cat back magnaflow syatem for my new truck and like magnaflow but being that I have a regular cab long box have not found a lit I can buy. I am weighing my options and started thinking about long tube headers and true dual exhaust with glass packs. Can somebody help me as far as my options, I am looking for improved hp and of course a mean sound. I have heard that true duals rot faster because they never get as hot with street use (what I am doing) so leave some moisture in the pipes but sound alot better. Willing to spend the money but want to make sure that it is worth it.
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, are you sure you're not going to void your warranty?

Second, as you progress towards turning money into noise, your MPG rating tends to go to hell.

Most replacement systems are purchased after the original starts to show wear and tear. That's probably why you're not seeing much available right now.
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
CF Senior Member

as rivereye said with regards to your warranty...i did not experience this but i heard a story that changing the tires to bigger will void it..but if not worrying about it....do a manifold back 3"exhaust with high flowing cat and upgarded muffler.you could opt for a cold air intake(no big deal)then programm her to run like you want...not sure if edge makes a kit for ya?i bought my truck off the lot and weeks later hacked it up ...no worries....YET...
Old August 27th, 2009, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

Good pionts guys, for those reason si think I will go with the cat-back for now. The next question is I have seen plenty of cat-backs by magnaflow for the extended cab short box, will that work with my regular cab long box, would it need modifications, should I wait for something else?