Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

figured it out I think

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2009 | 4:10 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation Help

last night i was looking at my engine while it was running and i noticed a wet spot on my intake then i saw a drip coming from the back of my throttle body there is a drip of gas about every five seconds coming out now obviousler y this needs fixed but i have a couple of questions 1) is this a compressed fitting witha flare or does it have an o ring?2) could this cause it to idle fine and run fine but when i come to a stop or am in a low gear it bogs down like its going to stall but never does?3) is there a gasket on the back of the fitting tha connects to the TBI? thanks for your help guys!!!

Last edited by suzuki-guy; April 9th, 2009 at 7:56 PM.
Old April 9th, 2009 | 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Bump!
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:03 PM
CF Active Member

Is the gas dripping from the fuel line on the back of the TBI or on the back of the TBI itself?
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

the fuel line fitting thats y i wondered if there was an oring
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:09 PM
CF Active Member

You can get a wrench back there to them if it's the same as my 454. It had o-rings on the lines so you can go ahead and check. The reason why I was asking about whether it was the lines is because the FPR is on the back of the TBI also. But, anyway, my 454 has a line on each side of the back of the TBI. I don't figure they changed from 1991 to 1995. Might as well change both o-rings while you're at it. If you take the lines loose and you don't see any o-rings on it, don't be mad at me, I'm giving info based on a 1991 454.
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

oh i wont be whats a FPR
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:29 PM
CF Active Member

Fuel pressure regulator. You would have to take the top half of the TBI (injectors and that thing that holds them) off in order to get to the FPR. But you don't have to worry, if its coming from the line, then don't even worry about the FPR until you got that leak fixed. That could cause your almost stalling problem. The line might just be loose. You never know.
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

yeah i just replaced the fuel pressure regulator and the injectros and all the gaskets on the inside so i know that thats all good on the inside but last time i took the fuel lines off i didint even think to replace te orings!! that fitting that the line scres into does that have a gasket or a teflon washer or something?
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

oh and where did you get your oring? does it take a special one to w/stand the pressure?
Old April 9th, 2009 | 11:42 PM
CF Active Member

It's been at least four years since I took the lines off the 91. I think right between the line and the fitting there was a o-ring. If the other side isn't leaking take it off also and see if there is a difference between the two. You might also put some teflon tape around any threads too. Idk if that will help anything or if the gas will destroy it like it does to styrofoam. But anyway, I'm pretty sure there is an o-ring on the fuel lines.

Quick Reply: figured it out I think