Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

First truck... any upgrade ideas?

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2010, 8:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i also have a 1997 5.7 k1500 so i am in thr same boat, especially with keeping it inexpensive, to all those people that think flow master is the way to go, i had a 96 silverado with flowmaster cat backs on it and it sounds and performes no where as good as my current magnaflow cat backs, so MAGNAFLOW IS THE WAY TO GO, i also went with an air raid cold air intake which made a good differnece, i went with a hypertech power programmer and was happy with it but am trying to sell it right now, believe it or not, there are a few things you can do that cost absolutely nothing that can get you a few horse power here and there, messsage me if you want to know about them
Old October 4th, 2010, 8:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Can you post some pictures of the console?
Old October 9th, 2010, 6:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I haven't even logged my Avatar or garage pictures yet, but that may also be coming soon.

My console is still very rough cut, so it's not much to look at. I used 3/4 plywood to make it easier during the prototype stage. I still have to work in a CB radio holder under the cupholders.

The point is it's very do-able, and I was surprised how high an armrest is comfortable. I'm @18" above the surface of the floor hump between the front seats.
Old October 9th, 2010, 8:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by therewolf
Well, I haven't even logged my Avatar or garage pictures yet, but that may also be coming soon.

My console is still very rough cut, so it's not much to look at. I used 3/4 plywood to make it easier during the prototype stage. I still have to work in a CB radio holder under the cupholders.

The point is it's very do-able, and I was surprised how high an armrest is comfortable. I'm @18" above the surface of the floor hump between the front seats.
Yea I am definitely considering doing the same. Having the center console in the middle seat is no good for me.