Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

FRONT COIL SPRING HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FRONT COIL SPRING HELP!!!

ok. i tried putting on a lift kit for my 1998 silverado. taking apart teh front end getting out the old shock and spring was pretty easy. putting the new stiffer and taller spring was the hardest thing. it was a simple 2 inch lift. the front was a taller spring and rough country gas shocks. and there was a ball joint spacer for the top. my question is HOW IN HELL DO YOU GET THAT SPRING TO SEAT RIGHT??? it took 5 hours and a lot lot lot of frustration and i just put the stock stuff back on and that didnt even work well. i had to drive around with a bad seated spring. it luckily popped into place after 1000 feet but still. i tried compressing the spring but with how the front was... the compressor got in the way of everything. so im selling the kit. its a rough country kit. 2 inch lift. and i need to still get new front springs. so how do i properly seat the shocks? please i need help. this had me and my very automotive inclined friend severly brain bogged. after 8 months of waiting to do this and it fails on me and normally it is hell or high water before something defeats me especially a project. so please... any information would be greatly greatly loved. thank you
Old August 4th, 2008, 5:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FRONT COIL SPRING HELP!!!

i'd try spring compressors.