Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Front end noise concern

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end noise concern

Hey yall I am in need of some tech support. I have an 02 silverado 4x4 with an odd grown coming from the front end. When I accelerate and only from a dead stop I get a moan or grown sound coming from the left front and sometimes both sides. It is only when the trucks front end lifts up caused by the acceleration. while driving down the street there are no noises at all. Also at very low speeds I have the same kind of noise coming from the steering column. this noise is a combination of the front end going slightly up and down...IE over speed bumps and the mud terrain tires rotating slowly. While at any other speeds over 5 mph I do not hear any noises other than the rumble of the tires and growl of the exhaust. The truck is not lifted or leveled, and has 112xxx miles on it. I cannot re create this noise by trying to lift/push on the front end it will only do it while I am actually driving. It does not appear to be a safety concearn at this point more of an annoyance right now. If anyone has had this concearn and succesfully fixed it please let me know what it was or what to check. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give. I have been a Ford mechanic years ago and this is the second chevy I have ever owned or worked on. I have another question but will post it in another thread.