Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

gas/power/efficiency

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glennnn
do those K&N filters work as well as advertised?
i`ve always heard they do, lot of people i know use them.
Old November 5th, 2009, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

this thread really peaks my interest, Ive been looking at purchasing a different truck but frustrated by how dang expensive they are. This has got me thinking about just fixing up my 88 chevy if i can actually pull higher mileage out of it. keep it coming please ;-)
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by glennnn
this thread really peaks my interest, Ive been looking at purchasing a different truck but frustrated by how dang expensive they are. This has got me thinking about just fixing up my 88 chevy if i can actually pull higher mileage out of it. keep it coming please ;-)
well if i did my calculations correctly last week i went on a trip and got approximately 11 mpg,

if i change the diferential fluid to synthetic thats about 1+ mpg

that brings it up to 12

k & n always brag about gaining 5 mpg which i`m not so sure about but if they give me a gallon or two better mpg that brings me upto like 13.5 mpg (we`ll say)

then things like fuel filter, and changing my exhaust manifold leak and other small maintenance i might be looking at 14 which is alot better then 11...

may only be 3 gallons better but when gas is the price it is, and i have dual 25 gallon tanks... that will go along way.

the other good thing is i`m not going to be diminishing any horsepower or torque threw any of this, aledgedly i will be gaining some with the k & n filter...

i wanna switch the oil over to synthetics too i think... just because thats what i have done with my past rides and its supposed to be alot better, why not give it the love.