Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Get the most out of your chevy..

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2007, 5:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Get the most out of your chevy..

Looks like that Ram is really a goat that's about to put on a bow tie. Word is GM will aquire Chrysler and it's subs by the end of the year. THEN maybe Dudge will produce a real truck, that's if GM decides there's a market fortoy twucks.There, that's about your level of intelligence. Now go back to the childrens table andleave the adults alone.
Old February 17th, 2007, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: chevo

Real truck? Sorry but I don't sit around counting miles.And last I checked the amount of miles is not what makes a truck "real". Sound likes you do alot of driving not so much towing orhauling and off-roadin. I think its time to trade your chevy in with 150,000 miles my Dodge Neon probably has more horsepower. Better yet trade it in on a Dodge. My 20052500 Cummings makes about 610 torque, now you find a chevy that can compare to that. You wanna talk about real truck? I eat durmax's for breakfast. Not to mention I know plenty of people with ram's that have high mileage and no problems.
You must not do much towing, hauling or off-roadin either, seeing as how dodges transmission blow up about 20 minutes after leaving the lot. Oh, and I found a chevy with more torque than you, it's at your local chevy dealer. It's called a duramax.
Old February 24th, 2007, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

I wonder if a dodge man is using this site because he wants to trade for a chevy. Or maybe the tranny let go in his dodge and he is stuck at home with nothing to do. My father-in-law has a dodge with the 360 in it. It grunts and strains pulling one horse it the trailer on these mountain roads in Virginia. My chevy will trailer 4 horses with no problems and power left. I don't have to worry about my running gears especially the tranny letting go. I suggest you WALK to your nearest GM dealer, explain that your truck isn't worth driving to the lot and I'm sure they'll help you buy a new chevrolet. They probably will not want your dodge junking up the lot so I suggest you donate it to the scrapyard where it belongs.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked your response VAHorseman! You were right on the money! LOL
Old February 25th, 2007, 6:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Sounds to me like chevo is just stupid. I have a 96 5.7 about 130,000 I'm not sure I haven't seen it in 7 months. I have had to fix somethings as all cars have wear and tear. But other than putting a shift kit in it (cause I didn't have time to finish) I have been able to drive that everyday for the past 3 1/2 years. My dad bought a 99 Ram that has broken down twice for trans problems. In the last year, Thank god for the warranty. That would have been over 3,000 dollars. The only thing my dad has pulled with that has been my 49 1/2 ton ford. I have pulled that, an 84 and a 68 1/2 ton dodge, oh yeah and my cargo trailer. My 2wd chevy has been off road (didn't get stuck that day) Oh wait that's right dodge has a higher weight rating for towing than mine. Too bad it can't keep up. The grills on dodges aren't seucred very well either, they tend to rattle a lot.
I think if it's a dodge it's a piece of crap.
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

always have been a chevy guy .... 90% of all the vehicles that come to the shop are trucks if ya treat em like crap they break no matter what they are ...