Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Going on a trip

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2009, 10:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going on a trip

Ok, this weekend I'm going to be driving my truck to Dallas which is a few hundred miles away (longest I've ever taken it since I got it) and I was wondering if there is anything I should check or get checked out. I already have a few things in my mind of what needs to be checked but I want to know what everyone else says just to make sure I don't forget anything. Also at the end of may, I'm gonna be driving like 3k worth all the way to montana and back. We are gonna try to visit as many states as possible. We will most likely be pulling a camper. Anything I should do?
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just check your fluids tranny, oil, antifeeze, windshield washer..... check tire pressure, i would torque your lugnuts and make sure you have a spare and extra fluids just incase.. when you go on that long trip to visit states dont visit michigan it blows!!!! oh and dont forget to check your blinker fluid very improtant!!!! LOL
Old April 9th, 2009, 6:20 AM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Amen to that Suzuki. I blame our roads on JENNIFER GRANHOLM!!!!!!! I know here on the west side of the state the roads are bad, but on the east side they are even worse. You almost have to plan out your route so you can decide whether to take a car or a truck
Old April 9th, 2009, 5:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Improper or uneven tire inflation will cost you the most gas mileage. A trick I learned for good weather driving to improve gas mileage a little is to overinflate your tires by a pound or two. But just a very small amount, don't go hogwild.
Old April 9th, 2009, 5:55 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by rivereye
Improper or uneven tire inflation will cost you the most gas mileage. A trick I learned for good weather driving to improve gas mileage a little is to overinflate your tires by a pound or two. But just a very small amount, don't go hogwild.
Ok I'll just go about 20psi over. You told me to!!!
Old April 9th, 2009, 6:31 PM
Super Moderator

he 92chevysilvt what part of michigan you from?? im from jackson just south of lansing. yeah jennifer granholm sucks!!!!!!! but were stuck with her. i want to know who voted for here everyone hates her!!
Old April 9th, 2009, 9:03 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

I'm wondering the same thing, I'm about an hour west of you on the east side of Grand Rapids, Heard of Dick Devos?? well he lives here, I went to school with his daughter and all three of her bodyguards. If you wanna test your trucks suspension, try taking I-69 east from lansing to a little past flint and go the speed limit. You will either bounce your family jewels off or get a flat
Old April 9th, 2009, 9:06 PM
Super Moderator

oh yeah my girlfriend goes to grandvalley there and most of my family lives there. yeah ive heard if dick devos. yeah the roads suck in michigan!!!
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
CF Active Member

ok so...I need to inflate my tires to at least 100psi and I need to take every road in Michigan. Ok, cool. Got it.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

no overinflate your tires 200psi and dont come to michigan lol

Quick Reply: Going on a trip