Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Gutted rear end...

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2007, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gutted rear end...

Hey guys Im new here I just got my New Silvy 2000 model 5.3 V8 Reg Cab Z71 I abosolotely love this truck.

Ok need some help.

Last night I was gettin rid of my tires at a stop light and my friends were behide me laughin we were havin fun and crap my gf's friend pulled up and she leaned over me to say hey to them and she hit the gear shifter to Neutrual so I tryed to throw it back in Drive real quick before I thought about it and the next thing you hear is metal grinding on metal....

My bro told me I gutted my rear end or he thinks I did, I turned it off and turned it back on it'll pull out in 1st but after 1st it grinds metal to metal in the rear-end but if I put it in 4wheel it'll pull with the front wheels and wont grind anything so luckily we werent far from my gfs house so thats where its parked...

So anybody besides tellin me how stupid that was anyone know what it could be besides bein gutted I was estimated 2 grand - 3 grand to fix if it was the rear-end gutted....
Could I have got lucky and only broke a spyder gear or what are the chances its pretty screwed?

Thanks in advance and its good to be on the forums
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gutted rear end...

It might also be the tranny.

That sucks!