Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

headers

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2009, 7:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default headers

my name is sean. and i have a 2004 chevy silverado 1500 4x4 5.3L. Im thinking of getting headers for my truck. I'm debating on either bbk headers or edelbrock. I've been looking at them on summitracing.com. I'd like anyones input on them. what are the perks to getting headers performance wise i.e. torque, rwhp, or hp in general. thanks.
Old November 10th, 2009, 7:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you arae looking at shorties that bolt in in place of the stock manifolds, save your money. You won't feel the difference and you most likely won't see any gas mileage difference. Now if you are talking long tubes you will see some improvement in mid and high rpm TQ and HP BUT not as much as you could get from them by adding a better exhaust sytem including headers. Long tubes aren't cheap though.
I put Gibson shorty stainless steel headers on and I believe the difference was more perception that reality. I got more benefit from the tune by wait4me and going to 3.73 gears.
Bob
Old November 10th, 2009, 7:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've been looking at shorty headers. but not sure. i have 373 gears already. only exhaust i have on it now is one chamber 10 series flowmaster muffler. stock manifolds come to h pipe where it goes to muffler. muffler is one into it and two comin out to make dual exhaust but eventually i want to get true dual exhaust. gibsons arent cheap lol. i was lookin at edelbrocks. because they are less expensive. i just dont like the look of long headers but i cant see them from inside my truck haha
Old November 24th, 2009, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your worried about cost then your gonna get what you pay for deffenatly dont get anything from pacesetter there headers crack at the welds after a while. try to get some that are coated with ceramic if dont want to buy another set down the road. like the other guy was saying go with the long tubes, my sugestion would be get a set of hooker headers.