Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Headlights...

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2008, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights...

I have recently seen on the new body style 07 08 silverado's the clearing out of the head lights. You know where you remove those ugly looking amber reflectors from inside the headlights. I was wondering what all i would need to do it myself and where i could purchase the stuff at. I have bought a new aftermarket pair of headlights and have these stock ones here just sitting but i kinda wanted to do the hid lights with the blue turn signals and the blue reverse lights but i want those ugly amber reflectors out of my truck. Now i have seen in other forums instuff of some people doing it with their 03 through 07 classic lights but i just dont feel comfortable looking at all the pictures and reading the directions when im working with something that looks totally different. so if any of you guys could help that would be totally helpful and appreciated.
Old July 5th, 2008, 1:49 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Headlights...

Wait, so you replaced the stock headlight assembly and want to remove the amber reflectors out of the new assembly and install HID blue turning lights?

First things first, You can't legally have blue turn signals. Blue is designate for emergency vehicles only (in north america). You can only have white or amber turn signals (for the front) and white/amber/red for the rear.

That being said, most people here are going to tell you that its a terrible to get HID bulbs and put them in, you're gonna need a whole HID kit (which will generally replace your new assembly.) This is because of the current draw from HID, you need new wires, ballasts, etc or its a fire hazard.

That being said, if you still want the clean look with amber lights, I'm not sure how to remove the amber reflectors, but once you do, you can get chrome plated amber bulbs (which are *NOT* HID) here: http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as..._prod_ids=2046

*EDIT* You CANNOT have white turn signals, front or rear. my bad.
Old July 5th, 2008, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

you misunderstood me. i bout new headlights the black halo projector's and replaced the stock ones with these. I have the stock pair just lying around and I know that your only supposed to have amber colored turn signals but dude give me a break you honestly mean to tell me you like the amber colored turn lights. I dont. And no offense to you or anyone else out there I'll do what i want to my truck making it as unique as i want it to be.. All i want help with is the removing of the amber reflectors inside the stock headlights that come with the truck. now whether or not i replace the bulbs with blue ones is totally my call and doesnt mean ill actually do it. but there is a guy on here with my truck with the stock headlights on here and it looks as if he has blue turn signal bulbs. he took his amber reflectors out of the headlight and that's all i want to do. And of course i believe you about the fire hazard and everything else when you just put the hid lights in replacement of the stock ones. i plan on buying the whole hid kit. with the new wires and all of that goody stuff. now if someone could just help me out with getting those reflectors out.
Old July 5th, 2008, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

also its kinda off this topic but does anyone know what kind of shocks i would need or anything with a 4/7 drop on my single cab short bed 08 silverado. i plan on buying a drop kit but they sell the shocks separately and all i can find is up to like 5 to 6". and would 24" rims plus tires rub being this low. or should they fit no prob.
Old July 5th, 2008, 3:09 PM
CF Active Member

Why remove the amber reflectors out of the stock assemblies if you've already got new assemblies? I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, but some people aren't aware of the legality of certain things, thats what I was trying to convey. You can do whatever you want. I never said I liked the amber lights. Maybe you should PM that guy then? That would seem to be the most direct route.
Old July 5th, 2008, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

lol not trying to give you a hard time either I apologize if i seemed rude its just that I cant figure out to get in contact with him.. he has a cardomain website and everything and i saw him posting somewhere but can't get back to that post. And I bought the projector headlights thinking i would like them and everything but once they arrived i kinda thought i would just take the reflectors out of my new ones and put them back in and sell the aftermarket ones to a friend for cheap and add the hid's the whole conversion kit. here's his cardomain site www.cardomain.com/3043250 It looks really nice that way even with the amber bulbs in i still think it would look better than with those reflectors. i kinda dont like the whole projector thing now that i have them and i kinda like the different color bulb thing the hid's got going for them. i want some either violet blue ones or some crystal whites. look at his lights and tell me what you think of them...
Old July 7th, 2008, 1:06 PM
CF Active Member

Thatsa bad link, or their server is down. What kind of projectors did you get, I assume chrome?
Old July 7th, 2008, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

No actually i bought the black versions, I was planning on blacking out the tails and headlights but dont know of anything for the third brake. i have heard of some kind of spray on tint or something people use to black them out but havent come across any.