Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Heated Seats Turning on By themselves

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2015, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats Turning on By themselves

The title says most of it. I have a 2006 GMC sierra that is having some heated seat issues. The driver's side heated seats have developed a mind of their own and continuously turn on and adjust themselves, frying my back as I drive down the road. The problem has been consistently happening right after it rains, but over the past couple months has been getting worse, and persisting for sometimes days after it rains. It has even occurred at times when rain hasn't been recent.
Today, it was exceptionally bad, likely because the high was in the 80s today. So, I went online and read through a few forums, none of which have offered definite answers to the problem, more like a "try this" list, with each step getting more and more expensive. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or the money to really go down that list.
I've tried blowing out the in door "switch" with compressed air, and that fixed it...for about five minutes. I tried pulling out and taking apart the switch and looked at the board inside of it to make sure there was no evidence of corrosion, and there was none. When I took the cover off of the board, I had no problems with it, until I shut the drivers door, and the problem resumed. So it appears that this doesn't happen when the drivers door is open. I then tried to pull the fuse that was labeled in the book as controlling the heated seats (hesitantly as it also listed the ignition on there), and the truck continued to work fine...except the problem with the heated seats continued. I've had no other problems with anything electrical on the truck, the radio turns off immediately after opening the door, and the lights come on like they're supposed to.
Can anyone tell me what part gone bad might be the cause of this?
Old April 15th, 2015, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Can anyone offer me anything? Even just a temporary fix that doesn't involve tearing the seats apart to take the heaters out?
Old February 1st, 2022, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

So I have a 2003 Escalade and had the exact same issue. Simply unplug the green plus with only 2 wires coming from it located under the seat. This is the heating pad power supply. Your heated seats will no longer work but if you are like me, it's an acceptable cost to not be running off the road from getting burned while driving