Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

HELP!!! 2000 Silverado Speedo/Odo & CC

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2014, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! 2000 Silverado Speedo/Odo & CC

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 with a 5.3L and am having a problem with the instruments. The speedometer doesn't move at all, the odometer lights up but doesn't advance, the cruise control doesn't work at all and the oil pressure guage pegs out.

I thought that maybe the VSS was bad after doing some research but changing it did nothing. I have tested the continuity of the wires from the VSS to the PCM and nothing is shorted or cut. I tested the cruise control fuse and it's fine but I haven't checked any other fuses because I'm not sure what other fuses would control these things. I know that GM had instrument cluster issues so I'm not sure if this is the problem or something else. I have also read of other people changing the instrument clusters and still have the same problem so I don't really want to waste too much money without knowing for sure. Does anyone know of anything else I can test or check before I spend the money on the cluster? Thanks in advance for your help.