Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Help with 2007 silverado

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2009, 11:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Help with 2007 silverado

ok so i just bought an '07 silverado and took out to the races cuz my cousin kept bugging me to go. and um people out there tend to burn out and call other drivers out.. lol. and well they kept calling me out to burn out so i got mad and i went out to try and burn out but the truck couldnt for some odd reason.. could any one help me out with this cuz those damn ford and mopar guys were just laughing sayin "f*%#ing chevis dont burn.." i have headers, intake, exhaust, bigger throttle body, msd sparkplug cables, and superchips programer..
next time i go i wanna show those f#@&ers out..lmao..
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok do you know how to burn out? You have got plenty of power there! You couldnt brake torque it?
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:09 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we call it power-brakin down here. My 98 with a 5.0 will burn for a hundred feet without hittin the brake, so you must have a problem. Shifted into third with it still spinnin. I think it might be lack of experience. Is there a traction control button or something? Go down an abandoned road and do some practice. Hold the brake and give gas till it breaks loose and fry em.
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:23 AM
CF Active Member

Just be careful that the road doesn't have any ditches in the event that you (could possibly) lose control of it. I am willing to bet that you had traction control on and could only 'bark' the tires a little bit.
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:38 AM
CF Active Member

That has to be it. It's gotta be it. It better be it.
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:50 AM
CF Active Member

Dude i know how to burn out lol.. i also have a '71 nova and that thing burns like no other.. lol.. but damn this truck is getting me frustrated.. lol.. well when i get the truck back i will try and keep u guys posted cuz i only had the truck for 2 days before i tool it back to the dealer.. ive even tried droppin to the lowest gear and nothing.. lol.. i luv the truck though its really nice sounds and looks nice.. and for brakes i have upgraded brembos.. u guys have anyother suggestion they are more than welcome..
Old May 13th, 2009, 1:14 AM
CF Active Member

What motor is this? How about traction control?
Old May 13th, 2009, 6:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it have the 6.0?
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:49 AM
CF Active Member

well i just got my truck back today and i took out to dead end and started burning out with it.. lol.. for some reason i think the check engine light might have had something to do with it .. sorry i skipped that out the last time we talk.. but man it burns like a beauty..lol..
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If burnouts are your thing, get the 6.0 with the 410 gears. Before I tweaked it, my truck was bust traction city, I couldn't keep the damn thing from squealin', barkin', patchin' out, I shudder to think what I'd have done to my tires if I'd really wanted to lay wheels. Mind you, this is stock, with single exhaust, before I got a CAI.

You may just be trying to hard. Try giving her less throttle, so she doesn't bog down.

Quick Reply: Help with 2007 silverado