Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Help with dtc reader plug in

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2009, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with dtc reader plug in

i have has a super chip for about a year now on my 05 chevy silverado because my wirk requires alot of towing. recently i went to change my settings but my superchip would not come on when i plugged it under the dash to the dtc reader plug in. i firrst thout it was the superchip itself but i tried it on another truck and it turned right on. so i think there is a problem with the plug in under the dash or something that would not be getting power to the plug in. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas the first things i should do to fix this or how to fix the problem. Thanks alot.

oh and i wouldn mind but my fan is stuck on always on and that lloud *** noise gets to me while in idle. lol <!-- / message --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --> <!-- controls -->
Old May 13th, 2009, 8:49 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do any of the pins in the OBDII plug look like that have been pushed back from using it alot? If so pull them back out carefully with a pair of skinny needle nose pliers.
Old May 13th, 2009, 8:55 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correction , the one on the truck is female, the chip is male. If the chip looks ok check the molex connectors on the back of the one on the truck if any are backed out push them back in.

Check this thread too, it has another solution. https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-sierra-fullsize-pick-ups-21/superchip-problems-22868/

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; May 13th, 2009 at 8:59 PM. Reason: added link
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The data link (ALDL) is powered up through a fuse, usually the cig lighter. Check all the fuses. Do all your lighter sockets work. For some reason this a very common occurrence on GM trucks.