Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

HELP need part for TH350

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP need part for TH350

I am rebuilding a TH350 as my first transmission rebuild. Really not that bad so far. BUT.......The detent cable connecting point inside the tranny on teh valve body was broken.........explains why it would not downshift........this is the part the detent cable hooks into and pushes the valve..............Does anyone have one I can buy as i can not find them ANYWHERE on the net.........Please advise..........thank you.

Wayne at johnwaynehoney dot com

Thanks again
Old December 14th, 2009, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Well, if nobody has one of these on an old junk core then is it ok to run without this hooked up? Truck is only driven a few hundred miles a year to go get feed and pull hay trailer out of field to barn........can you run with out the detent cable?
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by flewster
Well, if nobody has one of these on an old junk core then is it ok to run without this hooked up? Truck is only driven a few hundred miles a year to go get feed and pull hay trailer out of field to barn........can you run with out the detent cable?
yes you can run the tranny without the detent cable,the only thing you wont have is kick down at wot, besides that many people have run without them...you can also get a plug that goes where the cable was!

red