Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

HELP! Transmisson problem on 5.7

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2010, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Transmisson problem on 5.7

I recently was in an accident which involved me hitting another truck in the rear and crumpled my front end. i tested the motor before i decided to revive it and it runs great so i figured the rest of the drive train was good. well i was wrong, i just put the truck back together. well i went to drive it and the tranny was not working properly.

I have a 4l60e transmisson that is making a noise when i put it in any gear... Everything is normal in neutral or park. when engaged in any other gear it some times stalls out and flashes the back lights on the cluster.... i when i can get it to not stall out it will drive and will repeatedly stall out while driving it. the noise never gets louder that i notice... it shifted fine also. it ran perfectly before the accident! HELP!!
Old August 10th, 2010, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so i fixed the stalling problem.... haha add fuel.... so i filled the truck up and it still is making chattering sounds when i first put it in gear but then goes away after it sits for a few minutes. its coming from the bell housing what could be wrong?
Old August 14th, 2010, 1:09 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check it for cracks around the bolt pater where it hooks up to the engine, i have seen a 700r4 (which is basicaly what your trans it) do this before in an accident