Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2007, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation

I just purchased a 2007 Silverado with the 6.0 and I am very dissapointed in the performance of it. This thing has a bad hesitation under hard acceleration , real bad from a dead stop. I don't know if it is my first truck with electronic throttle or the fuel management system. I have a 1999 with the 5.3 and it runs like a scauld rabbit. This 07 is suppose to have close to 400 hp but it is a dog from stop or rolling under hard acceleration. I have tried it with traction control on or off and it makes no difference. Does anyone know of a chip or programmer that I could get that would help this. G M says it is normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Hesitation

I have the same issues with mine. Have'nt tried it yet, but have read that a programer would help with this problem. It can also modify the setting on the governor, which seems to be set at 93mph. Also read that the reason why there is more hesitation now, is because it is easier on the transmission. Too bad GM can't imoprove on there transmissions without having to sacrafice some performance out of the engine.

The only programer I have read a little about is the Diablo Sports Predator. I have kind of been waiting to make sure that all the kinks are out with the new programers.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on a good programer?
Old July 24th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

I also just bought a VortecMAx 6.0. It does have a little hesitation when getting on it. It is like it spins up and after that, it is gone. I have been able to get about 6.5 secs 0-60. I know thaere are programmers out there to fix that problem and the speed limiter problem. I invite any Hemi or F-150. It is definetly fast.
Old July 25th, 2007, 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Yea it is very fast once it gets going but it takes so long to get there. I have found a programmer from Hypertech that is resonable priced that suppose to help change the rev limiter and shift points and other things but I still don't know if it will help with the hesitation at take off.