Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Hi/Lo beam Operation

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2011, 1:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi/Lo beam Operation

Hey guys im not sure if this has been discussed here before, if so I cant find it...
Anyway, I have a 98 k 1500 and want to make my high and low beams run together. I live out in the country and have had some pretty close calls with deer and stuff and I want to stay as safe as possible. Also i have HID low beams and will probably soon have HID high beams. The low beams do good with showing me the sides of the road, however i want to be able to look out further and see whats waiting for me. What is the easiest and/or cheapest way to accomplish this?
Old July 22nd, 2011, 9:52 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The simplest way would be to jump the lo beam wire to the supply from the light switch at the dimmer switch. Then the dimmer switch would only be turning the high beams on and off. Now is the switch and related wiring heavey enough to handle the double load? I guess thats what they make fire extinguishers for.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, but i would like an option that wouldn't have the possibility of lighting my truck on fire or messing anything up.