Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 12:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HID conversion???

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID conversion???

I am thinking of converting to HID headlights. I like toknow whatis a good brand to buy. I want the complete conversion, lights, relays heavy wires, the works, not just replacing the bulbs to some of those blues one. Thanks.
Old February 9th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: HID conversion???

Sorry, its a '95 1500.
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM
CF Senior Member

I have a thread going in here asking the same thing I started last week, I didnt get any replies. I did however find two good kits on my own. www.plasmagarage.com My friend has a 6000k kit from them, and its awesome. And I found a new company in Texas, the kit comes with all the good wiring and relays and its cheap. Plus you can buy an extended warranty. www.xenoneyes.com I havent decided which one of these two im going to go with yet. I want the purplish/white light and its offered at plasmagarage in the 6000k. But the xenoneyes in cheaper, I dunno. Let me know what you descide.
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

I looked at those kits, but I noticed that they have disclaimer that these kits are for off road a show use only and are not street legal. I don't want a ticket just because I want to see better at night.
Old February 11th, 2008, 1:44 PM
CF Senior Member

All HID conversion kits are not street legal in all of the US. If your vehicle did not come with it, you can get a ticket for it. The only exception is if the housing is made for HID's and is stamped DOT approved. Like some cars have conversion kits that replace the whole headlight housing like the new mustangs and the old body style f-150's and there are some more. Those kits focus the light on the street. Putting HID arc tubes in a halogen headlight housing will spread the light all over the place, they are not made for that kind of light output. I always readjust my headlights, angle them down, so they dont blind oncoming drivers. Ive put HID conversion kits in my last 4 vehicles, never once been pulled over.A cop can give you a ticket for alot of things you might not be aware of, it depends on the cop, his mood, and if your driving like an idiot on the road. Dont give hima reason to stop you and he probably wont.
Old February 11th, 2008, 2:35 PM
Super Moderator

How do you adjust the headlights on a '95?
Old February 11th, 2008, 6:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Honestly, Im not exactly sure. Look for an adjustment screw above or below the headlight. Or there maybe one on each side too. Might want to check your owners manual or call the service dept. at the chevy dealership. Just tell them your headlights are out of alignment and your trying to fix them, dont mention the word "HID" or they wont help you, been down that road before, lol.
Old February 11th, 2008, 7:38 PM
Super Moderator

NowI am thinking of just putting in Silverstar bulbs (so I can stay street legal), but how do Ichange the bulbs without messing up the alinement? I can get to one of the two bulbs on each side from the engine compartment, but how do I get to the other?
Old February 12th, 2008, 9:51 AM
CF Senior Member

Silverstar bulbs are a good choice, you will be happy with them. Get the Ultra ones though. The bulbs should just be a quarter turn and their out, it wont mess with the alighnment<-(spelled wrong I think)Again, Im not real familiar with your truck model so I dont know how to get to the other bulbs. If it makes you feel better I cant figure out how to get my passenger side high beam bulb out either. I have silverstar Ultra's for those.
Old February 13th, 2008, 5:00 PM
Super Moderator

I found out that I can get to the highbeam bulbs by removing the turn signal housing, that way I don't have to readjust them do to removing them.

Quick Reply: HID conversion???