Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

How does it work

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2013, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does it work

I've acquired a couple spare parts pickups - one has new torque arms and keys in front and spring and block in rear . When I got my 89 1/2 ton someone had adjusted the key bolts way in to lift it up and made me sea sick from all the basketball bounce it had . I've heard the only way to lift is by relocate a frame and re welding in place . My question is what effect does the different keys have as far as lift and ride ?
Old November 29th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

why don't you just unscrew the key adjustment bolt. you will need to have it aligned after any ride height adjustments are made.
Old November 30th, 2013, 12:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I did do - this parts truck has a lift kit in it and considering swap parts but don't know what that different key does as far as lift by more twisting on bar or how does a different key cause lift with out the bounce it had by screwing the bolt way in
Old November 30th, 2013, 9:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

the new keys and adjustment bolt allow more range for the torsion bar to be turned up further (they are angled differently than stock). Turning up the torsion bars to high can make the ride harsh as the control arms hit the bump stops.

Jounce and rebound control is all shock absorber related. the torsion bars do not control this. turning the bar up will force the oem shocks to operation in a range they are not intended for; probably wearing out the shocks. check the shocks for proper operation.