Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

How much better is the Bose?

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2008, 9:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much better is the Bose?

I have the regular sound system and speakers that come with the Silverado,( I have the LT2, don't know if that matters on type of speakers it comes with) and was thinking of adding the Bose speakers from the factory to the truck for a better sounding music. Those of you with the Bose sound system who have upgraded to it, or even just have the bose and have heard someone's elses stock, is there a big difference in sound quality? Is it worth getting? Thanks alot.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 9:03 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: How much better is the Bose?

it would probably be alot less headach and sound better to just go aftermarket
Old November 3rd, 2008, 6:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Really? I installed 4 infiniti kappa's with a couple of subwoofers in the truck myself about a year or so ago in my honda and it sounds pretty good but I hear the bose system sounds really good. Not sure though, just trying to get other opinions on who have them and what they thinkn of them. Don't know what speakers to get either if I go aftermarket, any ideas for top quality?
Old November 3rd, 2008, 6:54 PM
CF Active Member

weel to get the bose you would have to get tatt the harness for the amp the console for the woofer all the spearers and pprob reprogram the radio for the bose too much headach and work and definatly money personally i like the polk audio speakers or boston really any of their lines depends on the money you want to spend, size of the amp you want to run
Old November 3rd, 2008, 7:43 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

x1cn18 is right...you'll get no return out of just changing the speakers. You'd have to put the factory amp, subs, harness, reprogram radio. Way too much than its worth. If you're not happy with the sound, go aftermarket.
Or if you're looking to just add a little to the bottom end, check out bazooka tubes. you can get 8" or 10" versions, are really easy to install, and sound unbelievably good for the price
Old November 3rd, 2008, 7:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Oh ok. Yeah I just want better sounding speakers and a little bass. I'll look into the tubes. I'm not sure what would be the best aftermarket speakers for the sound or where to add a subwoofer in the truck since I want to keep the stock look.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM
CF Junior Member

I personally like Alpine and/or Kicker. In my last truck ('98 Nissan Frontier ext. cab) I had an alpine head unit and 6.5" doorspeakers, and a 10" Kicker sub with a 600watt amp. Everything was reasonably priced and sounded great. im looking to do something similar in my '07 NBS ext cab. I want to put an alpine IVA-W505 video/nav headunit, alpine door speakers, and a sub to go under the backseat, im just trying to find a good box and sub that'll fit.