Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

HVAC Problems

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2011, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Problems

This is on a 2004 ext cab Z71. Currently, I have a problem that sounds like someone holding a piece of paper against a fan, coming from below my dash on the passenger side. It pretty much only does this if it is sitting in the direct heat, in which recently its been above 90 degrees. I have all settings and air coming from the vents. It does it even with the A/C off. I replaced the blower motor a couple years ago, and just replaced the resistor module stuff today, and it's still doing it. Anybody had similar problems or any thoughts? I wouldn't think that the blower motor is bad because I am still getting air coming through the vents. Other than that, I am out of ideas. Could it be something in the duct work? What gets me, is it's only doing it in the extreme heat.
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in Canada there is a RECALL for blower motor, resister, and wiring. but sounds like that there is something in the duct. leaves. I had a mouse in there once, it came out on the main road, watched it run across the windshield then blew off. Quite the sight. Does it still make the noise when you put the recirculation on?