Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I need some pulley help please

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2009, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some pulley help please

Could anyone tell me what this pulley comes from. I'm pretty sure its from an 80s era pickup but I dont know what kind. There are two pictures attached to this.
Attached Thumbnails I need some pulley help please-dsc01631.jpg   I need some pulley help please-dsc01632.jpg  
Old July 26th, 2009, 7:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Perhaps an expert at a junkyard could tell you, but it could be from anything. It appears there's a timing mark, so I'd guess it's a crank pulley.

Sorry.
Old July 26th, 2009, 7:24 PM
CF Junior Member

rivereye is right about it being a crank pulley....but god only knows what it came from. You can probably measure it and then go measure a known pulley and compare the difference until you find the same thing....thats the only way you will be able to tell what it goes too.

It could be 80s or earlier....its defiantly not newer judging by how it uses the two belts instead of the one serpentine belt
Old July 29th, 2009, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

The engine is a v8 350. would it be compatible with something else?
Old July 29th, 2009, 2:54 PM
CF Junior Member

if its from a 350, it should work on any small block chevy motor
Old July 29th, 2009, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

I forgot to clarify. I meant would a different pulley be compatible with that engine.
Old July 29th, 2009, 3:20 PM
CF Junior Member

a 305 or 327 should be the same. You're going through too much trouble just for a pulley. Just go buy one at a scrap yard for 15 bucks
Old July 29th, 2009, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

I will. Its just that I dont even know what I'm looking for. Its from a different engine then what was originally in the car and I dont know what its from.
Old July 29th, 2009, 3:35 PM
CF Junior Member

so you took the pulley in the pictures above off of your car, and you don't know what kind of motor it is?

you've being really vague. explain your issue in detail and you will get a much faster answer
Old July 29th, 2009, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, I drive a 71 cutlass and two years ago the engine had to be replaced. My mechanic put in and engine from an 80's era chevy pickup. He doesnt have any recollection of exactly what kind of pickup it came from. Anyway, the pulley for the power steering pump is damaged and i need to figure out what it came from. I know that a lot of people on this forum know a lot more then I do and I was wondering if the pulley off of the power steering pump could be identified from the pictures I put up. Its very possible that it cant. I'd like to thank everyone for their help thus far.

Quick Reply: I need some pulley help please