Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I'm 15 and i need help

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2010, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm 15 and i need help

I have a 2004 silverado z71.
I want to level it at get 2" of lift
I want to put 295/75/16's on it

Okay so here's my problem... I dont understand leveling kits. lol. If i buy a leveling kit with 2 2" torsion keys and two 2" blocks w/ u bolts. Do i need to crank the torsion bars to level it AND get two inches of lift in front and rear?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 8:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the torsion keys are used on the front, the blocks are for the back.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

okay so if i put in the torsion keys and the blocks, is my truck going to sit level?
And will i have 2" of lift in the front and 2" of lift in the back?
Or will i need to crank the torsion bars to get what i want?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 8:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok first off two things you can do.. crank the t bars with your stock keys(ride will stiffen up tho) or get new keys. if you do the keys pay attention to where the keys are when all the pressure is off of the t bars. what the new keys do is re index the location of the key. i.e when you put the key on the 6 point head of the bar the key faces about 4 or 5 o clock on driver side and about 7 or 8 o clock on pass side. what this does is to get a lot more height out of the front compared to the stock keys.
before you start.. park on a level surface and measure the distance between the tire and fender on the rear so you can put your front wheels at that height. its going to be a lot of cranking and measuring and rechecking. so good luck. any other questions just ask.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 9:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will have to crank the t-bars to get what height you want. if you wanted to you could make the front sit higher than the back. lol. but you probably dont want that. before you put the blocks in. measure your blocks because i think your truck might have 2 inch blocks stock. so maybe 3 inch blocks would be better. pending on your budget, check into full leveling kits blocks, shocks, and keys. because you can get spacers for your stock shocks or replace all your shocks with shocks that will work with the leveling kit. i put this kit on my truck and love it. http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_99...eling_kit.html
Old July 23rd, 2010, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

if i just crank the tbars will i be able to fit 295/75/26's on it without rubbing or any modifications
Old July 23rd, 2010, 5:26 PM
CF Active Member

Probably. I would advise against just turning the torsion bars up, however. It causes the front end parts to wear out a lot faster, it makes your ride a hell of a lot rougher, and it makes it very difficult to align the truck properly.

I have my torsion bars turned up in my truck, and at some point I will but a real leveling kit.

For the back, you can probably put some leaf springs in from a 2500 and get some lift, but the amount of lift wouldn't be measurable until you put them on. It's just a possibility; i would stick with the blocks.