Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Itneresting HVAC controll troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2014, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Itneresting HVAC controll troubleshooting

I recently inherited my dads 96 Silverado. This is my first post of potentially many because I love fixing trucks and love learning about them. Im pretty knowledgeable when im under the hood, but under the dash-not so much.

If you wanna skip the long paragraph below and read a summary. My AC fan does NOT work on high.....

Well, my ac fan doesn't work on high. I've seen problems where the ac fan ONLY works on high but mine ONLY works... not on high. I have changed the resistor, and some small triangular coil type thing that I cant remember what its called. Neither fixed the issue. Last night I switched out the blower motor itself (after tearing up the old rubber shroud that covers it). It also did not fix my issue. While installing my blower motor I noticed some of my wires looked a little... black. Not the wires that connected to the blower motor itself but the wires that where dangling there in my way under my dash. (I don't know where they lead). Ok, back to the blower motor. There are 2 little wire clips that you clip back on once you install your new motor. You got the ground and the one that connects to the actual blower motor. The one that connects to the actual blower motor (a small white one) fails when I touch it. You touch it slightly and it significantly significantly slows the blower motor speed. That's not good. As long as I don't touch it, or my passenger keeps his feet from kicking it, it stays on (but not on high).

Im no genius when it comes to wiring, so speak caveman to me. Also sorry about the long post, I figured more details would be better haha.

Last edited by Mudrucker; August 28th, 2014 at 10:30 AM.